News & Views Policy
The News and Views publication will be distributed to NSCMLT members to provide Medical Laboratory Science related information.
- Articles for publication must be submitted at least one week before published print date. Articles submitted late will be published in future issues, if still warranted.
- Publication dates will be announced at a board meeting.
- Articles should be submitted via email to: email@example.com.
- Articles must be related to Medical Laboratory Science and/or NSCMLT business.
- “In memoriam” will be considered for publication when submitted to the editor but only if they’ve already been published as a newspaper article or obituary to align with privacy regulations.
- If pictures are submitted, consent from the individuals for publication must be included with the submission.
- News and Views editions will be published five to six times per year.
- Editorial leeway for shortening, and/or amending items may be exercised where necessary.
- Regular articles will include:
- NSCMLT Board Chair letter
- A question and answer section on information in the publication. Answers will be sent to the editor via email and small prizes will be awarded as an incentive to read the issues
- A question and answer section on credentialing/licensure/ethical standards forpractitioners
- Information (when available) on legislative activities
- Updates on the Board of Directors and committee activities
- The News and Views editor will assemble submitted articles in the appropriate format for publication.
- The proofreaders will be a board member and an Advocacy and Technology committee member and will review, revise and approve it for distribution to NSCMLT members.
- Once complete, the editor will distribute the final version to NSCMLT members.
Date Reviewed: April 2016